Hello again patrollers,
This is a reminder that next weekend is the ski patrol re-certification.
9:00 – 9:30 Registration
9:30 – 10:00 Welcome back and announcements
10:00-11:00 First Aid Changes (including new spinal protocol)
11:00-12:00 Training Exercises
12:00-12:30 Lunch Break
12:30-4:00 Bandaging and Splinting Checklist
9:00-10:30 Written Exam
10:30-4:00: Diagnostic Exams (and completion of checklists)
– We will be doing registration on Saturday – the fee is $165
– We would prefer to do payments by eTransfer (to: firstname.lastname@example.org) this year, but if you have issues with eTransfer, you may bring cash or a cheque.
– For those of you who volunteered for non-skiing events over the summer, we will be sending out a sheet which identifies the patrol bucks you earned that can be used towards your registration fee
– We will also have items to purchase with your patrol bucks, such as patrol event shirts and will take orders for pulse oxymeters.
– Registration this year will include a criminal record check (vulnerable sector check).
First Aid Reminders:
– The new manual is available in the Files section of this website.
– Please review the new spinal protocols (ch 11) as there are significant changes
– Note that there are significant changes to the Epilepsy section (ch 16)
– The passing mark for the written exam is 80%
Preparations for next weekend:
– Dress warmly, as the room may take a while to warm up
– Don’t wear new clothes, as there is a possibility of stains from the fake blood, etc.
– Bring a lunch
– Remember that there will also be CPR on October 20
– October 28 will be the rookie exam and “loose ends” day and we are looking for patrollers to be patients for that.